Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Orange and black were never my favorite colors.

I guess this is finally the year I'm done with Halloween. Last year I bought a pumpkin, but never did carve it. I may not buy one at all this year, because it seems like a waste of money at the current supermarket prices. We don't have any pumpkin farms here, that I know of. I do have memories of childhood fun with the door-to-door trick-or-treating, as well as some pretty good adult costume parties. Anyway, there are no kids coming to the door in my neighborhood, I no longer have students to decorate for, and no grandchildren nearby to have fun with. Still, I have been made to smile when I go for a walk through another neighborhood and see children's Halloween artwork in the house windows, inflatable pumpkins in the yards and jack-o-lanterns on the porches.

I just might miss guessing how many seeds will be in a pumpkin, though.

Trick or Treat?

No comments:

Post a Comment